If you’re looking for the perfect mix of fun and relaxation, Scottsdale is your destination. The New York Times described downtown Scottsdale as “a desert version of Miami’s South Beach,” and there are many museums and parks to feed your sophisticated side.
Experience Scottsdale in any style you choose. Fly above the area in a seaplane; hike in the desert; get cultured through museums and parks; relax in a spa; or test your skills on any of the 200 golf courses.
- Head over to Taliesin West, a National Historic Landmark and masterpiece by Frank Lloyd Wright for a variety of guided group tours. Each of the tours, including a twilight tour highlighting the luminosity of the buildings, showcases his personal home and architectural school. Built from local desert rocks, Taliesin West is a testament to Wright’s ability to integrate indoor and outdoor space.
- More active tour groups will enjoy a guided hike through the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, one of the most diverse deserts in North America. Groups can get a closer look at desert plants and wildlife on one of the many trails, or take advantage of an exciting Jeep or Hummer tour with an experienced guide.
- The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show has been a tradition since the 1950s, and thousands of people attend each year. This is a huge show, with more than 300 exhibitions and vendors, and close to 30 demonstrations and shows in addition to the “main event.” A group trip planned around this venue would be lots of fun.
- Anyone interested in golf? Scottsdale offers more than 200 courses. You can even get golf lessons in a virtual simulator.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art is Arizona’s only permanent museum dedicated solely to modern works of art, design and architecture. Groups can see the museums through docent-led and walking tours.
- Shopping fans will enjoy a trip to Scottsdale’s Fifth Avenue and Old Town Scottsdale to shop at hundreds unique shops. If any of your group members like the nightlife, Downtown Scottsdale is the place to go.
- The Roaring Fork Restaurant is a group-friendly place to enjoy a hearty meal of excellent Southwestern style comfort foods.
- For a more upscale dinner, try Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar. The specialty of the house is aged prime beef, but there is also a wide variety of seafood to choose from. Add an extensive wine list, and you are in for a real treat.
- Scottsdale has a variety of lodging options, including resorts, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts, ranches and RV parks.