Come and see America’s sixth-largest city, where the scenery is beautiful and there is an endless list of things to do.
Phoenix is the gateway to the Grand Canyon, and its history is a testament to the spirit of puebloans, ranchers, miners and visionaries. With a variety of outdoor activities, museums, science centers and parks, your group will never have a dull moment in the desert.
- Tour groups can enjoy the splendor of the desert in the heart of Phoenix with a visit to Desert Botanical Garden in Papago Park, where more than 50,000 plant displays are showcased in outdoor exhibits. Groups can follow a guide through the world-class gardens or relax in the delightful outdoor café.
- There are a number of ways for tour groups to encounter the rich and influential Native American history and culture in Phoenix, including the Heard Museum and the Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park. Expert guides at Pueblo Grande lead tour participants through 1,000-year-old Hohokam Indian ruins and three galleries which feature exhibits of remarkable artifacts and the science of archaeology.
- South Mountain Park is the largest municipal park in the nation and one of the largest urban parks in the world. Groups are welcome to hike, cookout, bicycle, or ride horseback. Or, simply enjoy the view of the city from 6,000 feet above sea level.
- The Phoenix Art Museum is the largest visual art museum in Southwest America, with an emphasis on American, Asian, European, Latin American, modern and contemporary, Western American art, and fashion design.
- Biltmore Fashion Park is a luxury outdoor retail and dining plaza. Shops include Brooks Brothers, The Clotherie, Cornelia Park, Escada, Hyde Park Jewelers, Julia Baker Confections, Macy’s, Pottery Barn, Ralph Lauren and Williams-Sonoma.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory is very group friendly, serving popular Italian and American cuisine. Nearly every item on the menu is made on-site, from scratch with fresh ingredients. Rather than just entrées, you get a complete meal, which includes bread, soup/salad, a drink and dessert.
- Open since 1985, Texaz Grill is known far and wide for its chicken fried steaks and good old down home cooking. Your group will appreciate the friendly service and amole portions here.
- There are hotels all over the city, but Greater Phoenix is known for its resorts with pools, restaurants, spas and golf courses.
- Many resorts have astounding mountain views, especially around Camelback Mountain in the middle of the city.